Advisor Regulatory Licensing at Maritime New Zealand, Wellington
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
Our Vision: Preventing Harm. Saving Lives. Securing our Future.
We play a key role in the guardianship of New Zealand waterways. We're bringing together our aroha, work and skills to achieve our outcomes of sustainable supply chains and sectors, safe people and operations, secure ports and ships, and clean seas and waterways.
Our values are about who we are as individuals and the behaviours we expect from each other at Maritime NZ.
Care | Kia Tika - We care for each other and do the right thing
Connect | Kotahitanga - We unite in a common purpose
Courage | Kia Māia - We are brave, capable and confident
The Regulatory Licensing Team plays a critical role in ensuring that anyone who wishes to operate within the maritime transport system can demonstrate that they have the knowledge, skills and experience to do so safely and without threatening the marine environment. This includes people (such as Seafarers), Vessels (including managing the NZ ship registrar), Surveyors, Operators, and offshore installations.
Did we also mention we are an awesome team? We have a very collaborative and supportive culture where everyone's thoughts and ideas are valued. If this sounds like you, read on!
About the role
The Advisor Regulatory Licencing is multi-faceted role which combines the ability to interpret and apply technical information, engage with a wide range of internal and external stakeholders while working within the parameters of maritime regulatory legislation. Our Advisors are responsible for ensuring that those wishing to operate with the maritime transport environment, do so with the correct level of skills and experience to do so safely and without threatening the marine environment. The role holds delegations for assessing and issuing over 108 different types of maritime documents, based on legally robust decision-making principles, and Maritime NZ's values.
To be successful you will need to be a self-starter and be comfortable working in a fast paced customer facing (office based) environment. Ideally you will be experienced working in a regulatory environment where you have been responsible for assessing technical applications, making decisions and responding directly to applicants.
Ideally you will have:
- Ability to interpret technical information and provide accurate and specific advice to industry participants in simple terms;
- Confidence and experience to work through with stakeholders who may disagree with their application outcomes;
- Proven success and ability in applying critical thinking skills to problem-solving and decision making;
- Proven time management skills and ability to prioritise;
- Attention to detail /high levels of accuracy, self- checking and can follow processes effectively;
- Quick leaner and willingness to challenge others thinking/advice constructively;
- Thrive in a busy, fast paced environment;
- A team player and willingness to train and mentor others;
- Strong written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills and a professional phone manner;
- High ethical standard and respect for sensitivity of personal
Other good stuff:
You'll be part of an excellent team where you will enjoy great employee benefits - we'll match your Kiwi Saver up to 4%, you'll receive Income Protection and Life Insurance upon joining. We're also very committed to the training and development of our people check out our full range of benefits on our careers page to find out more about why we love working here.
Applications for this role close Monday 26th February 2024.
Also please note that you must have the legal right to live and work in New Zealand to be considered for this role.
If you have any questions please e-mail email@example.com.
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Maritime New Zealand
|Ongoing - Full Time
|No File Attached
|Advisor Regulatory Licensing PD - May 2023.pdf
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.