Advanced Practitioner | Dietitian | Child Development Service at Te Whatu Ora - Health New Zealand Waitaha Canterbury, Christchurch
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
- Permanent 20 hour per week a week role (0.5FTE) however hours are negotiable for the right applicant
- NZ Registration and current APC required
- Flexible hours and great location for parking
Mō te tūnga | About the Role
The Child Development Service are a community based team of health professionals who are passionate about improving the health outcomes of children with developmental delays or disabilities. We work collaboratively with whānau [families] and other services to support their goals and reach their potential. Our team of Allied Health Professionals work with children in their homes, early childhood centres and at our own clinics in Christchurch Central City. Our service covers Kaikoura to Rangitata.
In this Dietitian role you will be responsible for providing community-based dietetic service to promote and facilitate the nutritional health of tamariki [children] ages 0-16 years alongside their whānau and carers. This will include enteral feeding nutrition, management of restrictive eating and nutritional deficiencies and managing faltering growth in children with a disability and developmental delays.
Ko wai koe | About You
As a Dietitian, you will play a vital role in developing and implementing plans to assist in the delivery of services to tamariki and whanau. You will have the ability to practice safely, effectively and autonomously.
You will be responsible for:
- Assessing the nutritional needs of children, with input from whānau and the child.
- Arranging appropriate nutritional interventions to meet the child - s requirements and monitor progress over time.
- Providing specialised education and information to whānau and others working with the child.
- Working collaboratively with whānau (from diverse social and cultural backgrounds) and the wider multidisciplinary team to ensure best outcomes.
Ngā pūkenga me ngā wheako | Skills and Experience
- NZ Registered Dietitian and current APC
- Demonstrate a high level of clinical practice by using a range of comprehensive assessments; developing, implementing and reviewing action plans for client care and utilising a range of appropriate interventions across the continuum of care
- Strong time management and organisational skills
- Ability to work under pressure and have the ability to adapt to change
The below experience is desirable but we would welcome applications from candidates who don't meet this but who are passionate about Child Development Service.
- 3 years paediatric clinical experience
- Experience with enteral feeding nutrition; post-NICU and up to 16 years
- Experience with management of restrictive eating and nutritional deficiencies related to ASD
- Experience with
managing faltering growth in children with disability and developmental
Mō mātou | About Us
- Ko ngā tāngata, te mātua mahi - Putting people at the heart of all we do -
Te Whatu Ora, Health New Zealand, leads the day-to-day running of our health system across New Zealand, with functions delivered at local, district, regional and national levels. It weaves the functions of the 20 former District Health Boards into its regional divisions and district offices, ensuring continuity of services in the health system.
Here in Waitaha, Canterbury we deliver health services to the almost 600,000 people that live in the Canterbury region. We are committed to Te Tiriti o Waitangi and its principles by ensuring our partnership with Māori are at the forefront of all our conversations.
Ngā hua | Benefits of working at Te Whatu Ora [Health New Zealand]
When you work at the Te Whatu Ora, you are part of a wider whānau that will support you along your journey. We offer great coaching, mentoring and learning outcomes for all staff. We are always improving our facilities across all campuses and have amazing discounts from select retailers, restaurants and business.
Tono ināianei | Apply Now
Only applications submitted via our career site will be accepted, therefore apply directly on our career site here.
For additional information about this role please contact Alex Jay, Recruitment Partner on email@example.com
We have a range of clinical and non-clinical roles at Health New Zealand, there could be a place for you!
Please visit our careers website for other roles and find your ideal fit within Health New Zealand.
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Te Whatu Ora - Health New Zealand Waitaha Canterbury
|Permanent Part time
|No File Attached
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.