Principal Environmental Specialist - Heritage at New Zealand Transport Agency, Auckland
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
- Exciting heritage and environmental role - provide national and sector leadership.
- Support in embedding best practice environmental and heritage practices across Transport Services.
- Permanent position based in Auckland (other main centres may be considered).
The NZ Transport Agency Waka Kotahi aims to provide sector and national leadership in the development, operation and maintenance of environmentally sustainable transport systems. In this position you will lead the Transport Services group's contribution and transition to that leadership role in the heritage area and help enable the agency to deliver related organisational goals, legal compliance and policy commitments.
The opportunity |'Te Whiwhinga mahi
As Principal Environmental Specialist - Heritage you will provide demonstrated expertise in one or more of the following subject matter areas - Archaeology, Built Heritage, or general heritage management. You will support the delivery of Transport Services' environmental and sustainability commitments to bring our stewardship in these areas in line with our other existing outcomes. Key outcomes will include:
- Step change improvement in the behaviours, management and delivery of environmental and sustainability outcomes within Transport Services, with an aim to show national and sector leadership in these areas.
- Coordinated delivery of key Transport Services' environmental and sustainability actions as required by Toitū Te Taiao, Our Sustainability Action Plan and other relevant strategic documents.
About you | Ko koe tēnei
You will have a genuine passion for heritage and sustainability and be eager to implement and set standards to guide best practice.
Ideally you will have:
- Master's degree in archaeology or similar.
- At least ten years of relevant experience in one or more of archaeology, built heritage, or heritage management.
- Broader experience in the environmental area is beneficial.
- Sound knowledge of the principles and best practice applied in the field of heritage.
- Good understanding of the transport system, transport construction and maintenance and roading procurement in New Zealand.
- Good understanding of the Resource Management Act, Heritage NZ Pouhere Taonga Act, Land Transport Management Act, and other environmental legislation relevant to the development, maintenance and operation of the land transport network.
- Relationship building skills, coupled with the ability to lead, influence, and build credibility across a range of stakeholders.
We are looking for a confident self-starter, who thrives working collaboratively with diverse and varied stakeholders to achieve positive transport outcomes for all. This Principal Environmental Specialist - Heritage offers a fabulous opportunity which will allow you to truly make an impact, working at a strategic level to embed and influence positive changes!
To view the position description, click here.
Rā Katinga | Applications close:
25 February 2024
For further information, email: firstname.lastname@example.org
To be considered for this position you must have a legal right to live and work in New Zealand.
NZTA| Waka Kotahi is an equal opportunity employer (EOE). We recognise the importance of diversity and inclusion and are committed to providing a working environment that embraces these values. Please let us know if you need any support or have any access requirements that will help you through the recruitment process.
Please note that we may begin shortlisting as we receive applications. We encourage early applications as we may withdraw the advertising at any time.
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|New Zealand Transport Agency
|Ongoing - Full Time
|Science and Environment
|No File Attached
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.