Cloud Engineer at New Zealand Transport Agency, Auckland
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
- Are you an experienced Cloud Engineer?
- Do you have a great mix of communication and collaboration skills?
- Wellington / Auckland / Palmerston North
- Be part of the Cloud team focused on getting the best from cloud technologies
Te Whiwhinga mahi | The opportunity
The purpose of this role is to ensure the effective delivery and management of cloud platforms across NZTA | Waka Kotahi.
You will be part of the Cloud Team working closely with experienced SRE's and Infrastructure engineering teams to develop and drive excellence in technical strategy, standards, and practices across the cloud landscape.
You'll be working primarily with Microsoft Azure but may also be exposed to AWS, GCP and SaaS services. The agency has an extensive pipeline of work that incorporates everything from Data Warehouses to Internet of Things and you will have the chance to be involved with all of it.
As the team is taking the lead on cloud, we are looking for an effective communicator with excellent collaboration and relationship management skills.
Ko koe tēnei | About you
To be successful in this role, you will bring:
- In depth demonstratable experience in cloud technology infrastructure operations of core Azure platform services, VMs, networking, EntraID/AzureAD, AKS, App Services
- Strong hands-on experience with IaC tools such as PowerShell, Terraform, Azure CLI, Python, GitHub/ADO, CI/CD pipelines
- Experience in a complex technology operational environment with significant expertise in optimised technology operations
- Knowledge and experience of modern technology methodologies and frameworks such as Agile & ITIL
- Ability to use strong communication skills to work collaboratively with cross-functional teams and vendors to solve and troubleshoot complex technical issues
- Tertiary level qualification in relevant subject or equivalent experience
Ko wai mātou | About us
At NZTA | Waka Kotahi, it all starts with our people. The organisation's performance and success depends on the people who choose to make this a great place to work and make a difference for Aotearoa. Waka Kotahi has a strong future focus, understanding that new technologies and changing customer expectations mean the transport system we know today will not be the one we deliver in ten years' time.
Te Aukaha | Digital strengthens Waka Kotahi through supporting our people and delivering future-focused solutions. We enable digital change and provide quality data, information and security services.
Along with our other benefits we also have new Waka Kotahi Life, Income Protection and Critical Illness Insurance scheme available for permanent employees.
You will demonstrate knowledge of, or a willingness to gain an understanding of Te Ao Māori and promote tikanga and Te Reo Māori. You will also have knowledge of, or a willingness to gain an appreciation of te Tiriti o Waitangi (the Treaty of Waitangi) as it applies in the public sector.
Rā Katinga | Applications close: Monday 26 February 2024
Please include a cover letter with your application and view a copy of the Position Description HERE
For further information, email: email@example.com
To be considered for this position you must have a legal right to live and work in New Zealand.
NZTA| Waka Kotahi is an equal opportunity employer (EOE). We recognise the importance of diversity and inclusion and are committed to providing a working environment that embraces these values. Please let us know if you need any support or have any access requirements that will help you through the recruitment process.
Please note that we may begin shortlisting as we receive applications. We encourage early applications as we may withdraw the advertising at any time.
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|New Zealand Transport Agency
|Ongoing - Full Time
|IT & computing
|No File Attached
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.