Financial Markets Authority - Chair at Ministry of Business, Innovation and Employment, Multiple Locations
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
MBIE manages appointments on behalf of Ministers
On behalf of the Minister of Commerce and Consumer Affairs, MBIE is seeking candidates who wish to be considered for appointment as the Chair of the Financial Markets Authority.
The Financial Markets Authority (FMA) is an independent Crown entity under the Crown Entities Act 2004, established to carry out specific functions under the Financial Markets Authority Act 2011. The FMA's duty is to promote and facilitate the development of fair, efficient, and transparent financial markets; and to promote the confident and informed participation of businesses, investors, and consumers in the financial markets.
More information about the FMA can be found at its website.
Candidates who can provide a number of the following specific skills and experience:
• Extensive governance experience at board level, including experience as a chairperson.
• Experience in relating to ministers and senior public sector officials.
• An understanding of public accountability and the relationships between Government and a Crown entity.
• Substantive experience in capital and financial markets.
• Likely to hold qualifications in Law, Accounting, Economics or Finance.
• Has demonstrated or can demonstrate an understanding of the public interest.
Other general qualities and experience required for the Chair role are:
• well respected by market participants and can obtain the confidence of governments
• a record of sound judgement and the utmost integrity.
• an ability to analyse and understand complex issues.
• an ability to lead peers.
• extensive experience dealing with multiple stakeholders.
• an appreciation of diversity, and ability to manage tensions arising from diversity
• free from material conflicts of interest.
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Ministry of Business, Innovation and Employment
|Fixed Term Contract
|Boards and Governance
|No File Attached
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.