Electricity Authority - Member at Ministry of Business, Innovation and Employment, Multiple Locations
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
MBIE manages appointments on behalf of Ministers.
The Electricity Authority is established under the Electricity Industry Act 2010 and is responsible for governance and regulation of the electricity sector. Its objective is to promote competition in, reliable supply by, and efficient operation of, electricity market for the long-term benefit of consumers. On behalf of the Minister of Energy, we are seeking candidates for appointment as a member of the Authority under section 28 of the Crown Entities Act 2004.
At this time, the Minister of Energy is seeking candidates with:
• proven governance experience;
• strategic financial capability, including audit and risk expertise, preferably a Chartered Accountant; and
• a strong procedural focus and the ability to think strategically.
• A genuine interest and in-depth knowledge of the New Zealand electricity market and wider energy systems
• A deep understanding of the global energy environment, climate change and lowering climate emissions, emerging technological and related energy system trends, and their potential impact in New Zealand
• Extensive knowledge and experience of regulatory practice, including compliance monitoring, education and enforcement, systems management and regulatory economics
• Knowledge and experience of energy issues from a consumer perspective, particularly small business and vulnerable domestic consumers, or from an energy retailer perspective
• Legal expertise, in particular a practicing lawyer specialising in commercial and contract litigation, consumer law or dispute resolution
• Strong business acumen, with experience in the operation of large commercial entities or capital-intensive industries
• An understanding of te ao Māori and a strong connection to Māori business
• Experience in industries which use, produce or convey large volumes of electricity
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Ministry of Business, Innovation and Employment
|Fixed Term Contract
|Boards and Governance
|No File Attached
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.